Saturday, March 31, 2007

TONY!


Mine!
Originally uploaded by tokyohanna.
Dear Everyone. This is a very special day, as I have finally bought a bike of my own! His name is Tony, and he is a candy apple red (a little darker) vintage girl cruiser with tan seat and handlebars. He has those little fender mud guard things, the cutest handlebars and little gold stripe stickers every here and there. I need a lock for him now.

I bought Tony from a guy named Carlos "The Bike Doctor," who set up a ton of bikes at the flea market on 11th and Avenue A (East Village). I woke up this morning at 8.45am, made my way over there, took this bike for a ride around Tompkins Square Park, and decided he was great for me. Carlos was initially holding a Superman-blue Schwinn for me, but this one called out to me immediately.

I always wondered if buying a bike would cure me of my bike obsession and then I would stop this blog. I don't think so, though. You'll hear from me again! But I might talk about Tony a little more often than not :)

No comments: